Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mountain House Available from Ready Outdoors!

Freeze dried food.  Just the sound of it is awful.  That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw a package of Mountain House Freeze Dried dinners on a shelf at my local outdoor store.  Over the next year or so, I saw them at Walmart in the outdoors aisle, I saw them at the Bass Pro Shop, I saw them online and I just could not bring myself to actually buy one and try it. I thought to myself, “How good could it be? It’s freeze dried!” 
 
Well, about 9 months ago, my local outdoor store was having a HUGE sale and I am a sucker for sale… so I really couldn't help but buy a couple of the Mountain House meals; and then they sat on my shelf for another 4 months.  One day, I’m running out the door, late for work…again, and I decide I'm going to finally try one for lunch.  I discovered just how wrong I could be about a product that day! I didn’t even follow the directions properly (I used hot tap water instead of boiling water) and it was still fantastic!

If you’ve never tried a Mountain House meal, you have missed out! While they are best known for hiking & backpacking meals, they are ideal for long-term food storage.  These delicious freeze-dried meals are lightweight & great for a “Go Bag”.  They are also perfect for that quick, on-the-go meal, affordable lunches at work, and delicious & quick for dinner!

After my initial “test run”, I brought some to work for my family to try and we have loved every meal so far.  So much so, that we decided to become a distributor of Mountain House products.  Send us an email for our price list & discounts for Ready Outdoors Blog Readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment